- 1oz of cremini mushrooms from can
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup red wine
- ½ cup water
- In a pan heated to medium-low heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mushrooms. Gently cook them until they begin to brown.
- Mix water with wine and add the mixture into the pan.
- Simmer until sauce thickens.
Pro Tip: You can use a teaspoon or two of corn starch to thicken the sauce quicker, even though I avoid this technique.
Quick & Easy Red Wine and Peppercorn Sauce For Beef
As you can see, I like simple recipes that take no time. After all why would you make cooking complicated by adding tons of ingredients?!
Al you need:
- 3 crushed garlic cloves minced
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp rainbow peppercorns, ground coarsely
- 1 knob of butter
- ½ cup dry red wine
- ½ beef/chicken broth or water
- Salt to taste
- Right after searing steak in the pan, add butter, garlic, rosemary sprigs and rainbow peppercorns inside. Gently sauté at medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Increase the temperature to medium-high and add wine. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add broth (or water) and simmer until the mixture is reduced by ½.
- Cut the steak across the grain and serve it with freshly cooked homemade red wine sauce with pepper.
Have you any sauce recipe with red wine to share? Drop it in the comments below!