Beef Burger: Portobello Shroomburger
Cooking portobello mushroom caps does take a while in the oven, so, if you are looking to cook more later – load the portobellos inside all at once. This way you’ll save time and effort.
I also cut the cap into two slices. So if you ran out of portobello caps and only have one – you are fine to do the same thing (even though that mushroom meatiness would decrease).
You can obviously try it with a sauce or tinker the recipe to suit your personal preferences. Enjoy guys!
- Beef Burger: Portobello Shroomburger
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|1 person||10 mins||35 mins|
- 7 oz ground beef 85% lean
- 2 caps Portobello mushrooms
- 1 tomato medium
- 1 pickle small
- 1 tsp ketchup Heinz is good
- 1/2 red onion small
- 1/2 handful parsley
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F and leave mushroom caps inside for 30 minutes.
- While mushrooms are in the oven, heat the skillet and cook the simple burger from the ground beef.
- Mince the onion and gently sear it right after.
- Now use a grater to get the tomato meat, without taking the skin off. Make a "X" cut and grate it - you will see all the insides going through the grater, while the skin will stay in your hands. You can also use hot water instead.
- Chop parsley and mix it with onions in the tomato puree. Add ketchup, salt & pepper.
- Slice the pickle. Assemble the burger, putting everything inside. Enjoy!